Warm Chocolate Puddings

Warm Chocolate Puddings

I'm not sure if these warm chocolate puddings were born of an immediate urge to bake, an immediate need for sugar, or an immediate need for that dark, creamy, earthy confection we call chocolate, but it was a well-satisfied urge, regardless.

Warm Chocolate Puddings

It was a rhetorical question, but when I looked at Brad and asked him if he wanted chocolate pudding I knew he wasn't expecting it to be warm chocolate pudding, with a dollop of rocky road ice cream to boot. And of course it was chocolate ice cream - I mean, what better to top off warm chocolate pudding than cold chocolate ice cream?

These were easy to make and of course even easier to eat. They were also a chance for me to use the adorable ramekins that Natalie so sweetly bought, packaged and mailed to me for my birthday last summer. Yes, I'm just now getting around to using them, but this very inexperienced baker is a bit intimidated by creme brulees and the torch that you use on them. So warm chocolate pudding it was. And the best part? I had a ready-made post for Sugar High Friday #27. (I used Lindt bittersweet chocolate.) Go ahead. Go. Go into your kitchen and whip up a few of these. But no, I won't wait for you to come back and tell me how they tasted. There's no need in that. They'll be awesome; trust me.

Recipe here. (And be sure not to overbake them!)

Links:
* Go here for the Sugar High Friday roundup. (This may change.)
* Go here for David Lebovitz's blog.
* And go here for more about Sugar High Friday.