Almost Fat-Free, Almost Sugar-Free Cheesecake

Almost Sugar-Free, Almost Fat-Free Cheesecake

Yes, I know. This isn't the most appetizing photo. I've always been a true believer, however, in the fact that sometimes the best desserts aren't the most photogenic. I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks this way, and I'm sure we've all made something that we wish looked a bit more ... gourmet ... but tasted fantastic nonetheless!

This (almost) sugar-free (almost) fat-free cheesecake was one of our Mother's Day desserts last Sunday. My mom can't eat sugar (or she shouldn't be eating much of it), my middle sister is watching her waistline (watching it shrink, that is), and my youngest sister is trying to get rid of 15 more pounds of baby weight brought by little Lyla a few months ago. So low-calorie it was for us!

This is not, in fact, gourmet. It's a cobbled-together recipe on my part that was quick to make but didn't quite set up as I had wanted. I figured out late in the game that it should have gone in the freezer before slicing and serving to get cleaner edges, but what the hey? My mom took the last few pieces home, and there were no complaints when it was brought to each guest. That's all that matters in the long run, right?

Almost Fat-Free, Almost Sugar-Free Cheesecake
By Confabulation in the Kitchen

Printer-friendly version

Ingredients
1.5 Cups graham-cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons butter
1 package sugar-free instant lemon pudding
1 8 oz. container sugar-free whipped topping, softened
2 8 oz. packages fat-free or reduced-fat cream cheese, softened

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Melt butter, add to graham cracker crumbs. Press moistened crumbs into bottom of baking dish. (I used a square glass one.) Bake 10 minutes.
3. In large bowl, mix pudding and milk according to directions. Stir until combined. Add cream cheese and whipped topping. Stir until combined.
4. Pour into crust, refrigerate at least overnight. (You may want to even stick it in the freezer up to an hour before you serve to help with cutting.)
5. Top with fresh strawberries or other fruit of your choice, if desired! Enjoy!

This lemon dessert is my submission to Sugar High Friday #43, Citrus, hosted by Helen of Tartelette.