Happy Halloween! Owl Cupcakes

Owl Cupcakes

The first two animal sounds Cash ever made were the "hooo, hooo" of the owl and the "eeee, eeee, eeee" of the monkey so for Halloween it only made perfect sense that I make owl cupcakes and he dress up like a monkey!

Owl Cupcakes

I've seen versions of this cupcake all over the Internet, and apparently they're from the book Hello, Cupcake. Mine are a much simpler version - no fancy piping and such - but done this way they're super kid-friendly and would be a great project with your little ghouls! And of course, since it's Halloween I couldn't make just any owl cupcake. My owls had to be residents of the Demented Forest. (But they're still cute as buttons, aren't they?!) So Happy Halloween to you and yours! May your jack-o-lanterns shine bright tonight, and may your pumpkin buckets be full of what else, chocolate!

Owl Cupcakes

Materials for Owl Cupcakes:

* Yellow cupcakes in white wrappers. (Flavor is really up to you.)
* Chocolate frosting. (Again, flavor is up to you.)
* Regular-size Oreos, split in half. (I found it easiest to use a knife to barely pop them apart, and then I did the best I could to clean off the crumbs left behind.) The eyebrows are the half of the Oreo with no cream, carefully split - this was the hardest part!
* The beaks are Good & Fruity.
* And the beady little eyes are Gobstoppers.